Monday, May 22, 2017

A divine dissatisfaction

In the past I've had the feeling of a divine dissatisfaction in me because of wanting more of the Lord. To know Him more and to see His mighty hand in a greater way than I have already seen it. I thought this feeling was healthy, but recently the Holy Spirit corrected me. No one in the Lord Jesus Christ should have a divine dissatisfaction, but rather a total joy and contentment in all circumstances. A divine dissatisfaction is carnal. It produces striving instead of rest. It produces competitiveness instead of a cheering on of what the Lord is doing in all the body of Christ.

Psalm 37:4 is one of the many verses that show this truth.

Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart. - Psalm 37:4


No comments:

Post a Comment