Friday, June 2, 2017

Knowledge is in Christ

Recently, Ahava and I were having lunch at a restaurant. The waiter seemed rude and not very interested in serving. I'm the type of guy that responds in my mind with common sense, so I thought it was dumb behavior on his part. After all, he's making a living serving people. Wouldn't it be wise to put on a happy face even if you don't feel like it? As it turns out, I also need spiritual growth, so when I caught myself having a negative attitude towards him, I repented. The Spirit brought to my remembrance the truth that I should be loving the unlovable. At that point, I got a clear word of knowledge about him and was able to dialog with him, even though he opposed Christianity. The word of knowledge came after I repented because all wisdom and knowledge is in Christ. Wrong thinking is outside of Christ.

Colossians 2:2-3 show us this truth.

...that their hearts may be encouraged, having been knit together in love, and attaining to all the wealth that comes from the full assurance of understanding, resulting in a true knowledge of God’s mystery, that is, Christ Himself, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. - Colossians 2:2-3




No comments:

Post a Comment