Friday, July 7, 2017

A simple life

I have often noticed that when I get busy with too many things that have to do with my life and what I want, I will feel the power of the Holy Spirit less. But, when I get my mind off myself and onto others, I feel the power of the Holy Spirit more. We all have to do things that are self directed, but if we keep adding "stuff" and activities to our lives, we'll notice soon enough that we've experienced a dryness in terms of feeling power of the Holy Spirit. Simplify your life. A cluttered life disturbs your rest.

Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life. - 1Thessalonians 4:11

In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength. - Isaiah 30:15





5 comments:

  1. I've been meditating on this! Shared with my wife also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But does a quiet life mean a boring life? Just wondering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way bro. Religious Christians wonder how the 4 Living creatures can do the same thing over and over forever.

      The four living creatures, each having six wings, were full of eyes around and within. And they do not rest day or night, saying:
      “Holy, holy, holy,
      Lord God Almighty,
      Who was and is and is to come!”

      Delete
  3. I don't look at it as a "boring life" as just more so looking at it personally as a "quiet (simple)" life... I think ambitions are great, and being a " go-getter" is good, however if you let it consume your life I think its easy to get caught up in pursuing goals that "you" want but not taking the time to focus on what God wants for you. I'm learning that alot in my own life right now - thanks to Tom. Funny how people come into your life at certain times!

    ReplyDelete