Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Let go of this world

Many believers suffer adversity from the enemy, not because they're doing the right thing, but because they're still holding onto this world. Sometimes holding onto this world is related to us clinging to the traditions and thoughts of parents that didn't walk uprightly before the Lord. This is different from the absolute need to honor our father and mother. We can honor our parents, but also separate ourselves from any wrong thinking they lived their lives by.

Now the Lord said to Abram, "Go forth from your country and from your relatives and from your father’s house to the land which I will show you". - Genesis 12:1


1 comment:

  1. I am dealing with a similar issue. I have a mother who holds a grudge against my two aunts, hasn't seen or spoken to them in years. My wife and I are trying to figure out how to deal with the situation because it causes a divide especially on certain days. Difficult situation to deal with especially when the rest of the family wants to be apart of things as well!

    ReplyDelete