Friday, August 18, 2017

Who should I minister to?

Although the Lord loves everyone, not everyone is ready to receive. I've learned this through the experience of speaking to thousands and thousands of people one on one over the past 9 years. This is why it's important to discern what the Lord is doing. We want to get involved in what the Lord is doing because that is what will be fruitful.

He who corrects a mocker invites insult. He who reproves a wicked man invites abuse. Don’t reprove a scoffer, lest he hate you. Reprove a wise man, and he will love you. - Proverbs 8:7-8



3 comments:

  1. But how do we know when someone is a "Wise man" so to speak??
    For example, I was talking to this guy about my faith and he did listen and he respected my view, but then rejected it and said he trusted science and that if he couldn't see it, it wasn't real. We were talking just before a work meeting and there were other people around so I didn't really have the time to go deeper, but I know that if I had one to one time, I could have explained my belief more. He rejected what I said but I didn't see him as a mocker or scoffer because he also respected what I said. Do you think I should try and speak to him again??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I were in your situation and just had that experience, I would at this point pray for him privately and wait for him to bring up the subject and then talk to him some more.

      Delete