Monday, October 2, 2017

Is Pope Francis a heretic?

Adding to what I said on this video, I site scripture to counter the claim that the Pope sits on the seat of Peter. The Papacy uses this claim concerning Peter because they think Jesus was referring to Peter when he said that he would build his church, "upon this rock" (Matthew 16:18). Protestants do not believe that Jesus was referring to Peter as the rock that he would build his church on.  Martin Luther, the Protestant Reformer, opposed this Roman Catholic teaching by siting scripture (1Corinthians 3:11). Here are both verses.

I also say to you that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build My church; and the gates of Hades will not overpower it. - Matthew 16:18

For no man can lay a foundation other than the one which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. - 1Corinthians 3:11

Here's the link to the article I mentioned in the video:
http://m.ncregister.com/blog/edward-pentin/group-of-clergy-and-laity-issue-filial-correction-of-pope-francis#.WdKpbkyZORv




No comments:

Post a Comment