Thursday, June 15, 2017

Why does Armageddon happen?

God hasn't forsaken Israel. He's jealous for Israel. Even though the wrath of God is fulfilled in Jesus Christ, there's still wrath coming to this world for rejecting and harming Israel. Yes, God's wrath does come on the world for rejecting Jesus Christ, but his wrath is also tied to what the world does to Israel. Jesus is the king of Israel, besides being the king of all who put their trust in him. We see this in the book of Joel as God describes the battle of Armageddon and why it takes place.

Joel 3:1-2 show us this truth.

“In those days and at that time, when I restore the fortunes of Judah and Jerusalem, I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land. - Joel 3:1-2



No comments:

Post a Comment